By participating you agree to all the following terms and conditions below:
- CTO (Chief Technology Officer), CISO/CSO (Chief Security Officer), equivalent, Decision Makers for Security Products and Services, or Technical Professionals from security vendors or users of security products and services, and end-users may apply for the written debate "Info Security PG's Great Security Debate".
- More than one professional from same organization can apply. However each application will be considered as a separate application and therefore a separate submission and separate fee will be applicable.
Deadline to submit your written submission: February 11, 2016 (late submissions with late fee will be accepted till February 16, 2016)
The Great Security Debate Topic: Cyber hackers can easily outsmart the security industry.
Choose a side: "Affirmative Response" or "Negative Response." You can only choose one side.
Fee for participation:
- If submitted by January 29, 2016, the fee for each participant is $550. The fee includes 1 dinner seat at the Red Carpet Awards gala in San Francisco.
- Late submissions not submitted by deadline will have to pay an additional late fee of $150. Each participant will receive a dinner seat at the Red Carpet Awards gala in San Francisco. Additional dinner tickets can be purchased.
Here's a summary of what participants will receive:
- Each participant will receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal.
- Each participant will receive one dinner seat at the Red Carpet Awards gala in San Francisco on February 29, 2016. Additional dinner tickets can be purchased.
- Participants that are present at the awards dinner will receive their Gold, Silver, or Bronze medals at the awards ceremony. Those who are not present can request that their medal is mailed to them by paying a shipping and handling fee of US$25 (for USA shipping address) or US$45 for outside of USA shipping address).
- Each participant will also volunteer to read and score their peers submissions online on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is excellent and 1 is poor. Average score of each submission will decide the winners. Gold Medal is average score of 9-10, Silver Medal is average score of 8-9, and Bronze Medal is average score of 1-7.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Read the topic and choose a side "Affirmative Response" or "Negative Response." You can only choose one side.
- The written submission must not exceed 800 words.
- A high-resolution photo of the participant can be attached to your online submission.
- No diagrams, layouts, etc. must be submitted to augment your written submission. Your written submission should be sufficient.
- Do not exceed 800 words in your written submission.
- Do not criticize your competition.
- Do not name your competition in your written submission.
- Do not attach diagrams, layouts, etc.
- Do not send supplement material.
Prepare your answers for the following:
- Nominee's Full Name
- Nominee's current Job Title
- Nominee's LinkedIn Public Profile
- Nominee's Profile/Biodata (in 50 words or less)
- Upload a high-resolution jpeg/gif image of the nominee
- Company Name
- City, State/Province, and Country where this nominee is based
- Affirmative or Negative response (In 800 words or less)
- Summarize in a not more than 3 bullets the most important affirmative points.
- By participating you confirm that the content is original and has not been plagiarized, belongs to someone else, or the exact submission has been published before. The participant will remain the copyright owner of submission and allow the organizers to publish part or whole in online, e-books, or print formats. The participants will be acknowledged for their content if published. No royalties or remuneration will be paid by organizers.
If you need any clarifications - send an email to San at nominations [@] infosecurityproductsguide [dot] com